Understanding your business backup strategy is critical to your growth and success. We’ve worked with many small businesses over the years and have witnessed clients who have suffered a few misses and we’ve been on standby as others suffered near-critical hits.
The traditional file-based backup has served the industry for decades and is still relied on heavily by most businesses today. Typically, files are copied from location A to location B in some manner. If and when something bad happens at location A, you can rely on location B, Right? Wrong.
Losing your company data can lead to a complete collapse. You rely on your sales, customer, payroll and tax information on a daily basis. Also, let’s not forget to mention your business’s reputation is also on the line in many instances.
Consider this; according to HP and a non-profit small business group, 70 percent of all small companies that suffer a major data loss go out of business within a year. Also, in one-third of data loss cases, the cause was human error.
Here are three important questions to ask your IT department or MSP:
- How long will it take my systems to be fully operational in the event of a failure?
- Will I have copies of the software and licensing to set up and install?
- When was the last time a full backup and restore was tested on my business-critical data?
If these questions or the answers make you feel uneasy, it may be time to take a fresh look at your backup strategy.
We offer solutions that will give you peace of mind for all your business backup needs!
You may have the “data” but how good is it without the servers and systems required to access it?
Our Backup Solutions provide:
- High-speed local backups with synchronization to a secure cloud.
- Provides near-instant off-site virtualization with optional remote virtualization
- Highly secure encrypted VPN tunnel for data transition
- Cloud storage is 100% on Canadian Soil
- Off-site data is encrypted with a private key created by you
- Provide automated backup testing and a platform
Understanding your backup strategy is critical in today’s business. Knowing it is solid, tested and exactly how long a recovery will take is a critical component in your business continuity plan.
[frontpage_news widget=”695″ name=”Random Posts”]